March 12, 2014
Biology Building Room BS 116, 4:30-5:30 PM
- One-time membership fee is $50 due at initiation.
- All students welcome who turn in an application and meet requirements for membership
2014-2015 Officer Elections: Link to officer duties
- Tri-Beta Officer elections will take place immediately after initiation !!
Feb 19, 2014
4:30 PM TriBeta (T-shirts, activities coming up NCUR, Sci fair judging opportunities)
4:45-5:00 Ms. Patricia A. Bond, Dean Assistant Senior, Department Graduate School, Univ. of Ky. Topic: The various graduate programs at UK (Medical school, Dental school, PhD and MS programs)
5:00-5:15 Ms. Evie
Russell, Assistant Director & Editor, Kaleidoscope
1. DECEMBER 4, 2013: General members and public meeting. Room 109, (See flier-PDF)
5:00 PM TriBeta (T-shirts, activities coming up NCUR, Sci fair judging)
5:15-5:30 Introduction of new course PHA 450G (Careers in Life Sciences) by Dr. Hollie Swanson in the Dept of Pharmacology, UK.
5:30-6:00 Dr. Rebecca McNall Krall (Director of Graduate Studies, Dept of STEM, Univ. of KY) will present what it takes to obtain teaching credentials for becoming a High School and Middle School Science teacher. The Pros and Cons of the profession.
6:00- 6:15 Then we have two past TriBeta members to talk about Study aboard and health care activities with UK's Shoulder-to-Shoulder program in Ecuador.< OCTOBER 31, 2013:
2. Just a reminder that tonight Tri Beta will be holding a meeting in room 109 of the T. Hunt Morgan building at 5pm. All biology students, including members and non-members, are invited to join us. Dr. April Hatcher will be presenting an upper level regional anatomy course (ANA309) which may prove very beneficial for students interested in pre-professional healthcare routes and/or those who plan to pursue tracks related to anatomical systems. Dr. Hatcher is the professor of gross anatomy for first year medical, dental, physical therapy, and PA students at UK so if you're interested in any of the listed programs, I strongly consider you plan on attending tonight! As always, feel free to bring friends who may be interested! So, Room 109, T. Hunt Morgan (Biological Sciences Building), at 5pm.
3.Tri Beta meeting will be Biology (BS) 109 on September 24, 2013 from 5-6pm
See recent activity page (go to)
4. Local memebership form (download here PDF). Instructions are on the form of where to hand in and contact.